Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chippy Paint on Colorful Dresser Knobs

It's like a vase of fresh flowers...
 
these colorful chippy paint knobs!
 
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
 
Just a bowl of colorful hardware
 
with a chippy old paint styling
 
is a fun blast of texture.
 
I need that in January!
 
I'm already thinking spring color and warm weather.
 
 
 
 
I really didn't have any plan to post about this
 
but when these colors made me happy on this rainy day
 
I thought they might make you happy too.
 
They started out black and were great that way too.
 
 
 
But the color adds such a nice pop
 
that will go with Dane's comforter...
 
a mix of blue, green, red and orange.
 
 
 
 
To get the chippy look:
 
Your base coat will be what you want to show through.
 
It's great if it can be a semi-gloss base
 
but other finishes work too.
 
When you put the first coat of paint on
 
it will be a faded washed out look.
 
To get the vibrant color
 
you will need to apply about 3 coats.
 
After it dries,
 
Brush on Polycrylic Sealer.
 
 
 
 
While it is wet or damp,
 
take a paper towel and rub off color in places.
 
Now you have the chippy paint look!
 
Here are the paint color details:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You can find paint detail for the dresser here.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
Sharing my little bowl of color
 
with you today!
 
Deb
 
 
Link Parties:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


24 comments:

Feral Turtle said...

I love the colors of your knobs! Excellent tutorial. And yay, I got my first emailed post. Hope your weekend was wonderful!

20 North Ora said...

Thanks for a bright, colorful post on a dark, gloomy, rainy day.

Judy

Adorned From Above said...

These are so pretty.

Courtney said...

Cool idea Deb, love it!!

Unknown said...

LOVE THE KNOBS SO CUTE!

Jenn said...

Way cute!

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Love the knobs and their pops of color! Yes, I'm with you on so ready for Spring. Have a great week.

reFresh reStyle said...

I love them too! They are so pretty!
Debbie

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

Holy cow Deb, I thought for sure you had found those antiquing somewhere! What a great look, and you make it look so easy. I'm so glad you shared. Have a wonderful week!

Debbie

Suzy said...

I just adore these! It's amazing what a difference they make on the dressing. Featuring your project on the Worthing Court Facebook page tomorrow.

Little Bit said...

Cute! So cute, that I really do think they'd look good just in a mason jar brightening up the sill. Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Such a fun treasure. I love the numbers!

The Style Sisters said...

Very fun and creative...love love the knobs. Come link up to centerpiece Wednesday and share this idea.
Karin

My Creatively Vintage Life said...

Love how these turned out! Love the colors too!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

I love color, so thank you for this wonderful post--the drawer knobs are beautiful!

Designed Decor said...

I love all that color. It makes the dresser pop! I just started a new link party and would love for you to come over and share your post or any social media sites. Talkin’ About Thursday - http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party-5/
DeDe@DesignedDecor

SewSweetVIntage said...

Nice color and love the chippy look too:) Stop by http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/his-and-her-pillows.html

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

You were right. We needed some bright colors. The effec you got with the painted knobs is fabulous.
Liz @ Quirky Vistas

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

Excellent! Love all the bursts of colorful cuteness!!

Theresa said...

I love how the knobs turned out on your dresser! I wanted you to know you are being featured today @
DearCreatives.com on this post:http://www.dearcreatives.com/inspiration-spotlight-linkup-26-crafts-diy-decor-recipes-blog-tips/

Feel free to grab a featured button. Sorry this is to you a bit late. Theresa PS. feel free to link up again. I also pinned it with link to you!

Debra@CommonGround said...

such a fun idea, it really livens things up!

Roeshel said...

Deb - you always have awesome ideas. This is just so cute! Love it!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Gosh those knobs are really cute!

Designed Decor said...

Thanks for linking up! Have a great week!