Friday, January 11, 2013

Lake House Tour

So happy to be here today
 
sharing some bits and pieces of our Lake Home!
 
Debbiedoos started the idea

when she invited me to be on her Tour of Homes.
 
It's fun to get a glimpse of how friends decorate and live in their homes.

So I want to share a few of my home spaces with you,

my creative "home making" friends!

..........................................
 
When Mark and I became empty nesters
 
we moved to the Lake.
 
Living at the lake is mostly about the outdoors.
 
But when you live on a lake in Nebraska,
 
you better enjoy the inside too!
 
 
So this is the lake side view of our home.
(minus a few summer patio plants, red umbrella, tiki torches...)
 
 
 
 
 
Well, you get the idea.
 
It's January
 
and this is our view today...
 
 
 
 
So, come inside
 
and I'll show you the view from the inside out.
 
 
 
 
Now for the inside...
 
 
 
 
 
You can find paint details on The Starbucks Snowman Tray here
 
 
This is my kitchen.
 
 
 
 
Over by the fridge in the corner
 
we keep a drink station when we entertain.
 
Right now it looks like this.
 
 
 
I painted a digital art poster in photoshop
 
and switched out her summer hat
 
to winter warmers.
 
In the summer she looks like this.
 
 
 
 
We have stained concrete floors which I love.
 
It is so practical to sweep up sand from swimmers.
 
 
  
 
Pin It!
 
If you've visited my blog before
 
you have probably seen this corner many times.
 
I use it to photograph a lot of painted furniture.
 
 
 
 
 
 
You can also find details on the Photo Display Board
 
 
 
At the top of the stairs is my paint table.
 
 
 
 
 
The upstairs is open to the master bedroom in the back.
 
I have my old new Rocker in the corner.
 
 
 
 
Here is one of our bathrooms
 
 
 
 
 
Love my work area!
 
 
 
 
 
It was fun to show you some of our home spaces.
 
I especially like it when those spaces are filled with
 
chatting and laughter.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for coming on the tour!
 
 
 
 
 
Here's to Happy Handmade Homes!
 
Deb


                                          

Linking to:
 
Common Ground 
                                             French Country Cottage                                              
                                                         







14 comments:

Crystal Grandeur said...


Wow... What a view of the white snow...amazing.you are so lucky.thank you for this share...:):)

Julie @ Creating This Life said...

I loved your tour! The views are breathtaking. Stay warm!

Rasonda @ East Conolly Cottage said...

Oh Deb!!! I love it! I dream of this... literally ;) thanks so much for sharing with us.

Princess Kate said...

Such a beautiful home. You probably get lots of inspiration from those views. Thanks for inviting me in and showing me around.

Heidi Lisa said...

Beautiful home Deb and love all your personal touches <3

Unknown said...

What a welcoming home...thanks for letting us in to see it! ;)

Deb Hrabik said...

Thank girls!
Yes, the outdoors is the big pull here. Love all of the nature. We are right beside the river as well so we see lots of geese, pelicans, ducks, eagles, gulls...okay see I'm a nature nut,
Deb

Feral Turtle said...

What a beautiful home! Your work area is amazing! Actually everything is amazing! Thanks for the tour.

reFresh reStyle said...

I love your home! And I think I saw a future project~hand some ski's in my kitchen! You inspire me all the time!

Thanks,
Debbie

reFresh reStyle said...

*hang some ski's :)

Courtney said...

What a gorgeous home you have Deb!! It's so wierd seeing a white lake...don't get that much round here!! Plus we are smack in the midst of summer too so it's hot, hot, hot!!
Love the sparkly shower curtain and your white walls, it's all so fresh! :-)

Leisa said...

Lovely home! I envy your workspace--so light and airy... and your Christmas Day shot looks so inviting. Thank you so much for sharing your home!

Artsy Chicks Rule said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Your home is beautiful...what a view. I love the open, airy feeling with all the windows.
Really lovely.
Nancy

diisthename said...

The view of the Frozen lake is stunning. Your home is very inviting . thank you for sharing