Thursday, January 31, 2013

Making A Blessings Board

Blessings, old boards, and the color red...
 
Won't that make a great combination
 
for a sweet February project!
 
 
 
Or what about this idea -
 
A place to hang Christmas Stockings too!
 
 
 
 
 
Good old fence board,
 
a diluted raw umber,
 
and black paint
 
make the base.
 
 
 
Two of my favorite reds are next.
 
 
 
Chalk transfer the lettering.
 
 
 
 
Shade with camel
 
and a black liner brush.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used hooks from Hobby Lobby.
 
You can usually find them half price.
 
 
 
 
Here are my fixin's
 
for my sweet blessings.
 
Black matting board,
 
tea stained paper,
 
sepia toned photos,
 
bakers twine,
 
and
 
jute.
 
 
 
 
Put it all together
 
for wall art that will bless your home
 
and make you smile.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
 
 
Blessings,
 
Deb
 
Link Parties:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


16 comments:

Tina said...

Came over from Shabby Creek--- LOVE LOVE LOVE this project! Great job, thanks for sharing!

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

Deb, I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I just love this. Love the bright color, the font you used, the color for the shading, the hooks, everything. Pinning this!

Debbie

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

LOVE this! How Awesome!!!!!

20 North Ora said...

This is so cute. Your painting just amazes me. You are so good! To think that started out as a plain old fence board and now look at it.

Judy

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Sweet idea!
Liz

Unknown said...

Deb, how fitting for this week. It really and truly is beautiful. So thankful and blessed to have you in my life each day!
Love, Rachel

Deb Hrabik said...

I feel the same way, Rachel. Every day we have together is a blessing. Very thoughtful about that this week.
Love, Deb

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Gotta love pretty AND useful! Just popped over from Home Sweet Home-thanks for sharing!

Jeanette @ Creating A Life

Feral Turtle said...

You are truly "One Talented Woman"!
I am pinning this because it is made out of fence board, and mostly because it is beautiful!

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Such beautiful art, you are so talented! I also went down several posts, loving the dresser and knobs too!

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

I absolutely LOVE this!! Well done!! ;)

~Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Such a lovely idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Super cute, and love being able to use it year-round! -Patti

Unknown said...

This is great! You totally fooled me; from the picture, I thought you had applied wooden letters to your board ~ dang, you're good! Love how you mounted the photos too!!

Maria said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful idea! It looks so pretty, and I love the idea, too! What a great way to display and remember all your blessings! :o)

reFresh reStyle said...

I need a steady hand! Your lettering is perfect!
Debbie