Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Spring Art DIY - Carrot Door Hanging

Ready or not -

(and I know you're ready)

here comes 

some Spring art!



Pin It!




Pin It!


You can start this project now

and it will be ready for your

front door soon!

I used 1/2" plywood measuring 10" x 40".

Sand all edges.

Paint back and edges gray.

Paint front primer white mix.

Lay out stripes 4" and 3.25" alternating.

(a standard 4x6 photo makes a good template)



Using two colors - gray and white -

brush on stripes.




Enlarge this carrot pattern to fit the 10 x 40 space.



Pin It!

I made my own mixes of paint - pale orange

and pale green - to try to match the colors

in my photoshop sample.






Paint slightly darker orange stripes.




Put a darker green gray shade on the carrot leaf.




Attach D rings on back.




Add two 32" lengths of ribbon.





Pin It!






Simple.

Modern.

Folk art.

Will make a light hearted 

and graphic impact 

on your wall

or front door.

Hope you try it!

Deb


Link Parties:






12 comments:

Monica said...

Deb,
I love your signs and furniture, thanks for sharing!

Feral Turtle said...

I am definitely ready for spring!! Very cute and a welcome change from a wreath!!

Linda said...

Oh this would be a great project for my grand daughter to do over spring break.
Thanks!

Pat said...

Deb,
This Spring Art Carrot Door Hanging is a "Keepeer", dear one!!!
Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing!!!
Fondly,
Pat

20 North Ora said...

Deb - That is the cutest thing! I wouldn't mind having that hang on my front porch. So cute.

Judy

Laura Everyday Edits said...

Deb- this is sooo cute!!! I love it!
Would you link this up to Friday Favorites at http://imnotatrophywife.com

amazing! laura

reFresh reStyle said...

Love it! but then I love everything that you do :)

mothers shadow said...

Stopping by from Friday Favorites. This is great to do with kids, teens or to make my hubby do, heehee. I don't paint. You did a terrific job!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

HOw cute! I love love love this fun spring decoration!

Kathy said...

This is beautiful! You're so creative! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Laura Everyday Edits said...

So cute! Deb, thanks for linking up! This is a Friday Feature at I'm Not a Trophy wife live on Thursday night! Would love for you to link up !!!
laura

ps my milkcan post is still in "draft" moved!!! xo,

The Checkered Apple said...

Great design and a perfect pop of color!