Friday, November 9, 2012

Little Fishies Step Stool

Hey friends, welcome
to another paint project!

I have this little step stool
that Nana wanted me to paint
for her bathroom.
The smaller kiddos
will use it to step up
and wash their hands.







Here are some of the paint colors I used.
I actually included a darker blue too.





I've used this dip and drag technique
on some of my other furniture pieces

I used chalk to outline
the placement of the letters.





Papa grew up on the Platte River
selling bait with his dad
so this text will have special meaning.




I sanded all over to create a weathered look
and added a little bobber jewelry.




It will be a little bit of nostalgia for Nana and Papa.
It will also be very practical for the kids that need a boost.






I hope you have some fun projects going on as well...
making happy homes.
See you soon!
Deb




Furniture Feature Fridays



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 

It's Overflowing
DIY Show Off

8 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Deb, I LOVE this! And I especially love that it has some history to go with it! You are one talented lady!

Anonymous said...

Your stool looks beautiful, you've done a lovely job!

J9sHappiness said...

What a wonderful project!! Very nautical for a bathroom!! Well done, J9

Cassie Bustamante said...

adorable! the colors and graphics are awesome!

Kammy's Korner said...

Hi Deb! Don't believe I've ever come across your blog before, but I love your style! This little stool caught my eye over at Primitive and Proper. Would love for you to share this over at my Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday party, and join us each week! Going to do a little more exploring on Lake Girl Paints now. :)

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Just love this! You are one talented gal!

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

This stool is sooo cool! I totally want one :) That drip and drag is the neatest technique I have seen in a long tine!

Heidi Lisa said...

Now if I only knew where to put it! lol :p