Friday, November 15, 2013

Large Word Art for Girls Room


Pin It!
Words to encourage Girls-

What a nice reminder this will be

for Kaita as it hangs on her bedroom wall.

This is a large piece of art

measuring 27" x 49".


Here are some of the colors that I used

and photos of letter layout and pencil transfer.









To dry brush white over the top of lettering,

use an old ragged edge brush.

Dip into white paint.

Rub off onto paper towel

and lightly pull across paint surface.










Also dry brush pink trim.







Stabilize back frame

and use D rings to hang.




This large word art will 

hang on a bright green wall.


Pin It!


Imagine the impact you can make

with word art -

encouraging her heart everyday-

and making a fun graphic color statement in her room.


Have a great weekend, Friends!

Deb


Link Parties:

7 comments:

Krista Aasen said...

I love it Deb- and with the lake in the background it certainly looks stunning! I love the white you added over top to age/subdue it a little. So pretty!

Laurel said...

Deb, this will look so good in her room. Thanks so much. I can't wait to hang it up.

Feral Turtle said...

I love your colors! They really pop against that green too. Beautiful words for a girl!!

Courtney said...

Gorgeous Deb! And some beautiful photography near the lake there :-)

Inspired by you said...

I so want to make one for my daughter. You make it look effortless!

Sum of their Stories said...

What a lovely idea. It's so much bigger than I was thinking from the first little photo!

Krista Aasen said...

I love this so much I'm featuring you tomorrow at Work it Wednesday- hop by in the morning to grab your button if you have the chance:) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
~Krista from the happy housie