Monday, October 19, 2015

Making Wood Planked Pumpkins

Fall calls

for a craft party!




Pin It!
So the family girls gathered

and we made 

planked pumpkin art!




We made the pumpkins

so they can either hang or stand.








Pin It!


They are made from fence pickets

that are only about 3/8" thick.

Here you can see the back.

For this one, I lined up five 13" vertical boards

and connected them with two 13"horizontal boards.

Then I drew my shape on a template 

and traced it onto the boards.

Then cut it out with my jig saw

careful to avoid areas where there are screws.

Using a longer screw, 

I attached the stem.






We put a brown wash on the base

of all of the pumpkins.




Then, yes, the easy peasy part

of using good ole card stock

to drag paints across the wood.

Let your brown wash dry first.




You can see more about 

pulling paint with paper here.

For the oranges, I used these:




Next we had fun with ribbon, raffia,

greenery, and brown curly floral wire.





Pin It!
Some of the girls used metallic!

















Pin It!



What a fun fall day!!

Hope you try this with your friends,

Deb



Sharing At:












15 comments:

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love, Love, Love these! What fun!
Thank you for sharing!

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun Deb! I love these and they look easy enough for me to try! I hope you have a great week!
Smiles!
Terry

reFresh reStyle said...

Love these and what a fun time! Pinned and thanks for sharing at #inspirationmonday
Debbie

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

What a fun party idea! And the pumpkins are so fun!!! Especially the size! Love all the touches of chevron ribbon you added to your Fall decor.

Bliss said...

Love these and I pinned them. I want to be a member of YOUR family!

Feral Turtle said...

So creative and what a fun way to spend a day....with family!

Mary K. said...

These are so pretty and really capture the mood of Fall! What a great project to do with the family. Thanks for sharing.

Eclectic Red Barn said...

Love your wooden pumpkins. They turned out great.
Bev

Unknown said...

Just visiting from My Salvaged Treasures.
I so love these, and thank you so much for the tutorial. I have added this to my to do list for next year!
I love that you can hang them or stand them and love the colors that you used.
Kimberley

Suzy Ray said...

These look awesome. Having a painting party with your friends is such a great idea. Yours turned out great.

Carol @ The Red Painted Cottage said...

I love your pumpkins! I think I might have to add a jig saw to my Christmas list thus year. Visiting from Finding Silver Pennies.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Deb,
I LOVE your pumpkins so they will be featured at my party on Monday. Thank you for coming to Show and Share.

Blessings,
Linda

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are so clever. What a fun way to spend the day! Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party. Sharing on my FB this morning too!!!

Karen said...

Deb
If you lived near me I would SO come to one of your classes!! Karen in Alabama!!

Deb Hrabik said...

Would love that!, Karen.