Saturday, February 21, 2015

Painting Tips for Nest and Egg Art

It is so time to paint something Spring!



Pin It!





I'm always ready for warm spring reminders on my wall

so I start painting those hopeful signs now.







You can too!

Any wood or canvas surface will do.

This nest art is 22" x 22".

Start with a brown wash

and

White over top leaving an 11" circle.




Here are the colors for the golden nest:





The center brown is a mix of black and chocolate bar.




Alternate yellows and pull a flat brush

around the nest in a wave motion.



Then use a smaller round brush and do the same.

Then again with a fine liner and add some white.




Make an egg template, trace with chalk,

and fill in with white primer.






Shade with turquoise and aqua

giving a good white highlight.








Shade inner circle with brown.



Pin It!





Ashley's large brown egg painting in her book "Handmade Walls"

got me started!  

Though there is not paint instruction for this project,

there are so many other great frame ideas!




You know you want some happy spring art too!

Hope you get your brushes out : )

This helps me get through winter and look forward to Spring.

Two years ago at this time

I made some other Spring Art 

that you might want to try.








This could be a great project this February Weekend,

Deb


Sharing At:










Pin It!




7 comments:

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

I always love your paintings and the fact that you share how to make them. Thank you, happy spring!

Deb Hrabik said...

Thanks Julie! I always enjoy other artist paint ideas. So fun to learn new ways.
Much appreciation,
Deb

Gwen said...

This art you've been doing is so in style and very eye catching!! Love it all. Thank you for inspiring me

Betsy @ Happily Ever After, Etc. said...

I absolutely love this! The painting is so sweet and the steps make it look easy! Great post!

Pamela said...

I love how you painted you nest on a light background, it really makes the colors pop. I did my nest painting tutorial on a darker background and it looks more subdued. I need to try your method, I always love trying new ways.

Feral Turtle said...

Another gorgeous painting! I remember your feather nest collection from last spring. Loved them too! Cheers.

The Style Sisters said...

I have always wanted to learn how to paint!! I am going to try this thanks for the tutorial and inspiration! I would like to invite you to come link up to my party every Wednesday to share your awesome ideas http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2015/02/centerpiece-wednesday-little-of-this.html hope to see you there!
Karin