Sunday, September 16, 2012

Party Boo Welcomes You

Boo Bird put his party hat on.



So I had to set the table.




Party Boo is perched on a humble white pumpkin.





Rough hewn rope and brown craft paper
anchor the earthy side of this table setting.
Black , white, and brown
are the centerpiece colors
with pops of autumn
in the dinnerware.

The Sisal Mat was easy to make
gluing manilla rope onto craft paper.



Keeping with the humble simple
I made paper placemats
with brown craft paper and a sharpie.
Going with the Panera Bread
graphic line styling
I sketched the lines and circles
and
Boo-Yah
there you have it
simple paper placemats.









The black and White ribbon ties
keep connection to the centerpiece colors
and are layered on the colorful plates.
(my dinnerware design "Cinnabar" with Demdaco 2004
and "Florentine Bloom 2005)

I show how I made the black and white striped tray here.







Party Boo Welcomes You!



















Looking forward to our Fall guests!

Thank you for your visit Friends,
Deb

Linking to:       

Monday:        DIY Showoff
                      Craftomaniac
                     Sumos Sweet Stuff
                     I should be Mopping the Floor
                     BoogieBoard Cottage
                     Debt Free Mommy
                     Between Naps on the Porch
                     The Dedicated House

Tuesday:       Coastal Charm
                     A Stroll through Life
                     Home Stories A to Z
                     My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
                     Elizabeth and Co.
                     Cozy Little House
                     The Lettered Cottage

                    
     Wednesday:       Savvy Southern Style

     Thursday:            Embracing Change
                                 Stone Gable
                                 Beyond the Picket Fence
                                 The Shabby Creek Cottage
                                 House of Hepworths
                                 The 36th Avenue
                                 Delightful Order
                                 A Glimpse Inside
                                 Blissful Rhythm
                                 Between Naps on the Porch

Friday:                      French Country Cottage

Saturday:                  Funky Junk Interiors
                                 Too Much Time on My Hands
                                 Cheerios and Lattes

25 comments:

Unknown said...

HOW CUTE! LOVE THE DECORATIONS, ESPECIALLY THE RAVIN, YOUR WAY AHEAD OF ME...

The Checkered Apple said...

Great table setting Deb! I wish I could be one of your guests!

Babs said...

Cute ideas and you've just inspired me to think Halloween.
Babs

Shellie Rhoden said...

You are so creative, it's ridiculous. :) Very cute stuff. The lake looks so gorgeous out there. Hope to see ya soon!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

That crow is sure the star of your table. Very cute on the white pumpkin!

Laurel Stephens said...

What style! I love it!!!

Cecilia said...

That's too cute! Love all your decorations!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Super cute! I have the same crow, just have to get him down. Enjoy your beautiful table
XO
Kristin

Deb Hrabik said...

Thanks Kristin!
He makes me smile. I like the humor he brings to the table.
Happy Art is my favorite,
Deb

20 North Ora said...

Deb - Cute Crow!! Love the placemats.

Judy

Theresa said...

OMGosh, we have two things in common: love crows and we have the same table. lol Nice table setting!

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Love your placemats, they turned out great! Very cute.

TheMoonAndMe said...

Very cute...and I am very jealous of your ability to make kraft paper look so fabulous! I love the lettering and lines!
:)
Kelly

DeeAnna said...

I have to make a cute hat for my Raven! That is adorable in a scary way of course. :)

Deb Hrabik said...

Thank you, DeeAnna.
But it is a Happy Boo. : )

Melanie said...

That was cute, loved it! The table is just lovely! Enjoyed my visit!

Dale said...

Love your tablescape!!! Would you consider sharing the source of the crow/raven?

Deb Hrabik said...

Sure! I bought my bird at Nell Hills in Atchison Kansas a few years ago. She has an online store but I don't know if she is still selling them.
Thanks for your visit!
Deb

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love the crow on the pumpkin. Great tablescape. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

teenah said...

what a beautiful table set up!

the cape on the corner said...

booyah, now that's funny. where'd you get your rug? or did you paint it yourself?

Stacey said...

Oh my word - how fun is that! I love your table setting and that rug is so cute!
Thanks for linking up this week...hope to see you next week at the Autumn Inspiration Linky Party!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Birds sometimes freak me out, but the hat makes her kind of cute and whimsical! What a lovely tablesetting!

Deb Hrabik said...

Funny Sharon! But I know what you mean. He's a cheerful Boo Bird.

Kathy said...

Hello Sharon, love the birds - I say this is the time of spiders and crows - they're everywhere in my garden - this tablescape is quie fun! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy