Monday, September 14, 2015

How to Paint a Canvas Pumpkin Door Hanging

I'm back with another pumpkin painting today!




Last week, I shared a rustic white pumpkin

Pin It!
that I painted on rough planked boards.


This one is very basic, because you start with

a  16" x 20" canvas panel 

that you can purchase at a craft store or Walmart.

Just leave it white

and sketch a pumpkin shape onto you canvas.



Use aqua and white paint.

Fold a small piece of card stock paper

and drag and pull paint across canvas

all around the perimeter of the pumpkin,

leaving the center white.



Now with your paper dipped in one side white

and one side camel,

pull and shade edges and curves.




Pin It!
When you want to fine line an edge,

hold your card stock on it's side and pull.





For a very fine line,

don't fold the card stock, 

just use an open single edge.


Paint stem with raw umber and camel or tan.






When you shade any areas,

you can use a baby wipe

and pull and blend paint

on right and lower edges.




Add grommets and ribbon at top.





Now you have a fun fall welcome.













Pin It!




Enjoy your fall projects!

Deb


Sharing at;












10 comments:

reFresh reStyle said...

It looks so realistic, thanks for sharing!
Debbie

The Checkered Apple said...

Love your white pumpkin Deb!

Carlee said...

What a pretty pumpkin! I love it. I am not at all artistic, so I am not sure I could do it but I love yours!

Feral Turtle said...

You are just so talented Deb! Have a great week!

Jackie said...

Thank you for the tutorial! I love decorating with pumpkins....

Anonymous said...

Everything you put your hand to turns out so beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial! I hope you have a great week!

Smiles!
Terry

Deb Hrabik said...

Thanks for all of the encouragement girls!

Unknown said...

Wow this is beautiful! You are so talented!

Kim Seghers said...

It's so beautiful. I love the way you explain how to paint it. The pumpkin canvas looks great on your door. Thanks for sharing. Pinned.

Chelsea @ The Johnsons Plus Dog said...

Just a friendly note to let you know that this project was featured today on my post of 20 Pumpkin Crafts! Hope you'll come by and check out the amazing Halloween inspiration!

http://www.thejohnsonsplusdog.com/2015/10/13/fall-favorites-20-pumpkin-crafts/