Thursday, March 13, 2014

Furniture Before and Afters

So many furniture pieces.

So little time to post about them : )

Paintbrush is priority most days.



Pin It!


This is such a sweet shape -

a small chest of drawers

that looked like this before:




The top was rough.

After stripper and stain,

I applied polyurethane with

folded foam.

(using a smidge of paint thinner to extend)




A palette of blue, gray, and raw sienna

combined to make a nice layered look

on the drawer fronts.

Drag the paint with folded cardstock.







Pin It!

Here are some more before and afters:



These will be display pieces 

for a flower shop.





How about this for

"work from home" style.



Pin It!
Paint and fabric on vinyl:






Pin It!

The great thing about painted furniture blogs

is the exchange of ideas.

There's hope for almost every piece of old furniture!

Happy painting,

Deb

Sharing At:

14 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

You are such an artist! Gorgeous!

Feral Turtle said...

Just gorgeous!!! I love it all but I have to say I really love the credenza! So pretty.

Anonymous said...

These pieces turned out amazing! Do you let the paint dry between layers or do you drag the cardstock over wet layers with the next color to blend them? Not sure that question came out right..?? I love how you use paint! Super talented :0)
Smiles!
Terry

Anonymous said...

Your talent for makeovers is amazing! I love them all!

Gigi @ Old World Patina

Deb Hrabik said...

Thanks Girls!

Hi Terry - You can paint right over the wet paint. just keep layering as you go.

Christy said...

You are truly talented, what an eye for what works together!

Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com said...

Love the Duncan Phyfe chest! And a neat tip about the cardstock. I haven't tried that yet, but will have to!

Deb Hrabik said...

Hi Melanie!
I didn't even know what type of chest of drawers it was. So glad you wrote! I love learning those things.
Deb

Artsy VaVa said...

Beautiful furniture makeovers! You always do beautiful work. Have a great week.

Susan - Uniquely Yours or Mine said...

I love the blue grey chest and I am super surprised how great the desk looks now!

TeriA said...

FABULOUS! I'm glad that I clicked on your link at The Sunday Showcase Linky!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Had to take a second look! No one... and I mean NO ONE paints like you do! Sigh!

Number Fifty-Three said...

All fantastic updates, but I am really, really loving the technique on the dresser drawers. Just gorgeous!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Kathy said...

Wow, this is absolutely fabulous! You did an amazing job! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy