Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bahama Blue Painted Furniture

I'm Jumping In!



And I'm going "Bahama Underwater Blue"



Now that I live at the lake
I'm changing some of my home color.
I had a lot of reds and golds before.
This is the sideboard that is up for a change:


Here's a sneak peak at what's to come:






After sanding and priming
I base painted in
Bahamas Underwater Blue; Semi-Gloss; from Walmart.



Let the glazing begin.

Folkart's Raw Sienna and Burnt Umber combine to make a nice golden brown .



Pour some clear glaze
onto your paint tray



Any clear glaze would work,
but I like the consistency of this.

Load your brush with just the glaze first






Then dip the side of the brush in the mixed color:





And Brush it over the blue
working in 1' - 2' areas.
Better switch to a bigger brush!





I use a wet wipe to blend out areas that might be too heavy with paint:




And there you have it!







Quite a new look .
Removed the doors.
Painted the interior white.
Baskets on shelves.
New Hardware.











Color changes are fun and inexpensive
and change the mood of a room.
Take a risk.  "It's just paint"  is my motto.


Linking to Miss Mustard Seed


Linking to The 36th Avenue
The 36th AVENUE

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look on the old buffet. You really can do wonders with junk furniture.

Terri

Deb Hrabik said...

Thanks Terri!
Half of the fun is the find!

Nadia said...

Beautiful Work!!!
See you soon
Nadia

Deb Hrabik said...

Thanks Nadia. I have many more paint projects coming. Thanks for visiting.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Very pretty color choice for the lake. The baskets and new hardware really change its appearance!

Cynthia said...

What a pretty piece. That lovely colour really brightened it up.

Deb Hrabik said...

Light and Airy with a beachy feel is what I'm going for.
It's a happy color.
Thanks! Deb

Unknown said...

What a great piece and I love the new colour.

Deb Hrabik said...

Hi Elizabeth! My friend found this buffet stored in an old barn. Those finds are the best!
I enjoyed visiting your blog - warm and friendly style!