Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Gray Paint Gives Dumpy Side Table New Life

It almost went to the trash.

But a few new screws,

lots of sanding,

and a fresh coat of paint

make the little dumpster table

a welcome addition.




Pin It!

Laurel wants to put this in her classroom.

She has a gray and yellow palette started

with these fun files.



I mixed black and white together to make a gray base.

I love the finish that these paints give.



On the final coat of gray,

I mixed a little floetrol in so it would extend the paint

and make it go on smoothly.




Then I dry brushed white over the top.




We lettered some inspiration across the drawer.

Tape and chalk,




then paint












Always fun to see the afters!

Deb


Link Parties:

9 comments:

Linda said...

The wonders of paint! Love it!!
I'm sure your daughter loves it too!!

Feral Turtle said...

What a pretty finish. Love the verse.

20 North Ora said...

Deb - You certainly transformed this piece. Cute!

Judy

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

You teach me so much! LOVE the finish!

Tania Pelletier said...

Aww, what a cute little table! I love the saying on the drawer, it's like the little table is saying that about itself!

Tania

Natasha in Oz said...

That is such a huge transformation, Deb! You did a brilliant job.

I have pinned this to the Say G'Day Saturday board. Thanks so much for joining the Say G'day Saturday linky party. We are so thrilled you partied with us this weekend.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed this one!!! WHERE have I been??? I wish my handwriting was nice enough to put on a piece like you've done.
Nice transformation!
Smiles!
Terry

Unknown said...

Wow! What a rescue! I love the inspiration on the drawer front, too. Blessings!
Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

Erica said...

Love this! I'm a huge fan of dry brushing white over gray.