Monday, October 21, 2013

Craft Party Makes Wood Planked Trivets

Girls + Crafts
 
= Party!
 
Now that's some fall fun.
 
 
 
We're making Wood Planked Trivets,
 
an idea I found over at A Beautiful Mess.
 
There is great direction there on assembly detail.
 
We made some fall themed trivets
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
and some layered paint stripes.
 
 
 
 
My Dad helped me cut all of the furring strips
 
(82 cents for an 8' board at Menards)
 
into 8" sections
 
 
 
 
and drill press each section with 1/4" holes
 
about 1 1/2" in from edge.
 
 
 
 
The trees are telling me it's time,
 
 
 
 
so come on girls,
 
 
 
 
Let's go.
 
 
Grab your 5 wood sections.
 
Sand and put a wash of paint on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For the fall themed trivets,
 
assemble everything before basing in white.
 
 
 
 
 
For the striped trivets,
 
paint each board before assembly.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Go Girls
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
Pin It!
 

 
 

 
Pin It!
 

 
 
 
 
Truly a day of abundant blessing -
 
together with friends and family.
 
 
Deb
 
 
Sharing at:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Great way to use up scraps and the decoration possibilities are endless, thanks!

20 North Ora said...

How much fun! Wish I lived closer.

Great projects.

Judy

Feral Turtle said...

Looks like it was a great party! I just might do this with my family. A girls craft day!! I love all the different paint jobs!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Deb,
This looks like a FUN party...luv how you paint!

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

I want a dad with denim "dad" shirt on, who will help with the not-fun-for-me-details of my craft projects! Give him a hug for me! (My dad always wore work jeans with the hammer holder loops and white Hanes t-shirts. I miss him most in the fall and when I'm at the lake.) Nice craft project and a lucky girl with her dad!

Artsy VaVa said...

You always do something I love! Can you please move to Georgia so we can hang out? Maybe you could just fly south for the winter!!! I'm soooooo doing this with friends. Did you put anything on to seal them or is the paint enough to withstand heat?

Deb Hrabik said...

Don't tempt me --ah, the warm south!
You know, we didn't use any sealer, but I have been reading that a spray on poly would work.

Debra@CommonGround said...

just a great idea, and anyone can have fun with it! LOVE the candy corn one!!

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

What a fun craft party! I can't decide which trivet I like best, so many creative ideas.

lorraines resources and rewards said...

I love easy crafts and turning it into a party thanks for sharing visiting from home and garden hop I'm lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com have a great day

Shelly said...

How fun is this!!! Would you email me next time you do a party like this? I would love to do something like this at my place, but I will hafta wait till my garage is complete. Thanks for linking up on DIY Sunday Showcase!! I'm gonna pin this one to our board!!

Kathy said...

What a fun idea for a get together - creating something so cool - LOVED it! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy