Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dumpster Find Makeover - Upholstered Stool

This little before and after

will have you taking a second look in a dumpster
Pin It!

or garage sale.



Yep,

that's where this little work horse came from.

I call it that because I find so much function in stools.

They are that handy little "sit upon" in the corner

that can really provide extra seating when you need it.



Pin It!
So, originally it was a taller stool.

I wanted it shorter so I cut inches off of the legs.

I dry brushed white over the wood for a worn painted look.




I added some batting under a new upholstery fabric

and covered the old vinyl.




Then added some silver nail head (upholstery tacks)

for detail.





Pin It!
This is a quick project that will give you

a great functional piece.






Before and Afters -




Always fun!

Have a great day,

Deb

Sharing At:








6 comments:

Feral Turtle said...

FANTASTIC!!!

thecuratorscollection.com said...

Hey Deb! Great find! You made it look so fresh and pretty now! Well done!
You should share this at my Broken Made Beautiful Furniture Party. It starts tomorrow (Thursday) evening at 6:00pm (MST) and is open to linkups until Saturday at 6:00pm.

I hope you can come:0)!
Smiles!
Terry

Deb Hrabik said...

Thanks Terry! I'll be there.

reFresh reStyle said...

Great makeover!!

entriwp.com said...

Great color - love the gray & white. Nice work!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Okay, that was a butt-ugly stool, if I may say. I would have never even thought it could be salvaged, but you did a great job and it looks completely adorable. Grey makes everything seem chic and hip. Good job.

Leslie Anne