Saturday, January 10, 2015

Old Mirror with New Box Frame

Today I'm topping off a white dresser

with a fresh striped mirror frame.




Pin It!
This is for my granddaughter's bedroom.

With her new gray walls and aqua chevron comforter,

the white dresser had a big wall space above

that was calling for a fresh and fun mirror.

I found a big old mirror on craigslist.




Then I built a box frame around it,

with furring strips on the inside of the frame,

cedar fence boards with mitered corners 

for the frame surround,

and wood supports around the outer frame.




So, this is what it looks like from the back.




I used Olympia crumb cookie, 

craftsmart gray, and craftsmart bahama blue.







I rubbed more white paint over the gray and aqua

to soften the look.










Here's another mirror project 

that you might remember:










It's fun to get a fresh new start on the new year.

These happy colors and patterns are a nice accent

 against the anchored gray walls.

Oh, and her so soft shag rug makes me smile.


Hope this is another idea for your project file!

Happy Saturday,

Deb


Pin It!
sharing at:




2 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Lucky granddaughter!! Looks great.

Judy

Twice Nice said...

That's a fun look! And I agree, Lucky granddaughter!