Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wood Chevron Pattern on Side Table

Loving these two current trends - 

Chevron,

and

Natural Wood.





Pin It!
A great combination for this little side table!




I saw this idea over at Thistlewood Farms.

Rachel, my daughter-in-law, loved it too

and had the perfect accent table

for this project.

We took out the glass top

and cut a piece of underlayment for the top.



Pin It!
We removed the intricate wood corner brackets

and replaced them with a clean line board trim.








We used 5" lath boards to make our pattern.






Use wood glue to attach lath to board.

Pin It!



Trim edges with jigsaw.

Fill in blank spaces with small pieces of lath.




We used Early American Stain

and Polycrylic Gloss Sealer.








Here it is in Rachel's home!







Pin It!

Great texture and line!

Cottage Cute.

Here's to handmade homes,

Deb





Sharing at:

14 comments:

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

It is beautiful! I love both of those trends too! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This turned out beautiful! Well Done! Did it take very long to do? It's a great idea for a table top.
Smiles!
Terry

Laurel Stephens said...

Oh, I love this tabletop!

Beth@Makemeprettyagain.com said...

Gorge!!! Thanks for the info.

Feral Turtle said...

What an awesome project you two. I would have to say that you have the perfect daughter in-law and she has the perfect mother in-law. You two seem to fit very well together. The perfect apprentice! I love the butter milky color of the table. Beautiful color!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Absolutely gorgeous and one of the best tutorials I have seen on this!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous - wish I could do something like this - but I can't move beyond a paint brush it seems lol
LOVE !!!!
XOXO

Jenna said...

Love the contrast of the wood and the paint! Gorgeous!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love it, how fun is this Great tutorial too. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that will be live this afternoon. http://astrollthrulife.net. Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

Kelly @ Corner of Main said...

How cute! You guys did a great job =)

Lisa @ Practically Perfect Home said...

Wow, awesome job! I love chevron...who doesn't?! Thanks for sharing. ~Lisa

Unknown said...

LOvin the chevron. Perfect choice. {ChicByTab}

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. I love the richness of it. And the chevron pattern. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

This is VerY cool! I am SO inspired. Love the glossy natural wood and more subtle version of chevron/herringbone look... Awesome!