Thursday, June 27, 2013

Painted Palm Leaf on Outdoor Table and Tractor Seat

Time for some Outdoor Living!
 
This side table will live poolside.
 
Pin It!
 
 
 
Actually this is for a home that sets lakeside too.
 
So, Dee found these tables for $1 each.
 
 
 
 
I base painted them with
 
Folkart Clover.
 
For the bottom of the table
 
I double loaded my paintbrush with
 
Clover and Burnt Sienna.
 
The leaves are Folkart Fresh Cut Grass
 
and Lime mixed.
 
 
 
 
After the leaves are painted,
 
add a lot of brush stroke movement
 
around the leaves
 
with glaze, Clover, and black.
 
This adds good depth
 
and has that warm "handpainted" quality.
 
 
 
 
Sitting by her pool,
 
sipping a drink,
 
she will be all smiles
 
remembering her rural roots.
 
 
 
 
 
Yep, that's a tractor seat.
 
It came with flaking paint and rust
 
and she couldn't resist.
 
It's coming to the pool party
 
and will join the cushioned loungers,
 
landscaped gazebo, central fire pit,
 
and bar.
 
Some country charm on the lake.
 
 
 
 
Dee also set a challenge for me
 
in color for lakeside d├ęcor.
 
No blue.
 
She has a beautiful style
 
with burnt oranges and greens.
 
So we added some more fun paint styling
 
on waterskis.
 
 
 
Everything got 2 coats of Polyurethane Varnish.
 
(lightly sand 220 grit between coats)
 
Still, painted furniture is vulnerable to the elements
 
and may need another sealer coat
 
in a year or two.
 
 
 
Pin It!
Here's to having a sit and sip
 
 by the pool,
 
by the lake,
 
on the patio,
 
relaxing outdoors,
 
Deb
 
 
Link Parties:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

Artsy VaVa said...

Beautiful as always!!!

20 North Ora said...

How cute and unique! I'd love to live by the water. You come up with so many cute ideas. Love the tractor seat. What a conversation piece.

Judy

marthaleonedesign.com said...

Hi! When I saw the small thumbnail on MMS Feature Friday, I thought, "this must be Lake Girl Paints." That's a testimony to your dedication to your brand. Good job. You're a gifted painter.

Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration said...

Deb, this is absolutely beautiful and I love it! Thank you for sharing at Best of the Weekend and it's wonderful to meet you! Have a fabulous weekend!

Feral Turtle said...

Gorgeous paint job as always. I love the tractor seat!! I have two cream cans with tractor seats that I welded on years ago. This truly inspires me to fix them up!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Oh my! Everything is gorgeous, but I am really loving that painted tractor seat! We used one this spring to serve some cheese in at a party, but yours would be gorgeous displayed at a.....lake house!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

These are so so fun!!!! You are so creative!

Beth said...

Seems like everyone loves that tractor seat, but it was the water skis that made my heart race. You are such a great painter!

Reduce, Reuse, Renewed said...

What a fun themed table! This would be a fun idea in my son's jungle animal bedroom.