Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chocolate Paint Tags

I had you at "Chocolate"!
 
But Lake Girl doesn't bake so much.
 
This is Chocolate Paint : )
 
 
 
This is just a sweet touch
 
that you might want to add as a tag
 
on a candy bar
 
or box of chocolates for Valentines Day.
 
I just used cardstock and painted it
 
gold and burnt sienna mixed.
 
 
After the base coat,
 
I blended some mod podge in like a glaze
 
and brushed on more layers of paint.
 
 
 
 
 
Then I put some glue on the edges
 
and used some copper leaf
 
and candy wrappers on the edges.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used a fine liner brush to paint some
 
fun chocolate quotes.
 
You could also use a gold metallic marker
 
or maybe a white paint marker.
 
Then I put an eyelet in the corner
 
and added a ribbon.
 
 
 
 
My friend created a beautiful table display
 
and used these tags among the setting.
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
 
 
 
 
 
You could have a Yummy Chocolate Bar
 
for a fun girls night!
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
So glad you could stop by today!
 
See you soon,
 
Deb
 
 
Link Parties:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Cute idea!

Judy

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

That chocolate bar sounds like my kind of party! And yes, you had me at Chocolate! Very nice, Deb, as always. Have a great week!

Debbie

Sherry said...

Best kind of chocolate - calorie free!

SmithShack71 said...

These are cute. My little girl wants to stay at a hotel, any hotel. So, I was thinking of fixing things up around here for her a little bit for fun. Soaps and tiny shampoos in the bathroom, towels and wash cloths, and so on. AND chocolates on the pillow. These would be sweet to go along.

-Angie

Ada (new york) said...

U def had me at CHOCOLATE (my kind of paaarty! real chocolate and/or painted fun!). Now, I'm craving some .. time to take a ride to the store ;)

Miss Kitty said...

So very cute! I see your friend had to add a "Do NOt Touch" sign to the display...I'm sure for folks like me who might think (or hope) that the chocolate is there to be eaten and not just displayed. I saw your post from Masterpiece Monday blog party.

Deb Hrabik said...

So funny about the "Do Not Touch".
I need that sign at home in my secret chocolate drawer!!

Feral Turtle said...

What a great project even though no fence board was used...lol. Love your photos!

Deb Hrabik said...

I know! I am on a roll with the fence boards!

thepaintedapron.com said...

yep, you did have me at chocolate. Your tags are adorable and so different! I LOVE the chocolate bar with the YUM. Great ideas! Thanks
Jenna

Kathie said...

Hello!
I found you from the Mop it up Mondays link up. I would love to have you come share your post with my readers over at Sassy Little Lady’s Show and Tell Saturday. Hope to see you there!

Kathie
http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday

Kathie said...

Thank you for linking up with me for Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady! Be sure to stop by next week!
http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday
Kathie