Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tea-Stained Tags

This is such a fun time of year.
It's the season for
all things handmade and homespun.

Here is a primitive little tag
you can add to any gift or wreath.
I even use these to tag our Christmas Stockings
with family names.




This fall I've used them on wreaths.





Using Brown Craft paper and white cardstock,
I brush instant tea granules with just a bit of water
directly on the paper.
(1/4 cup tea plus 1 or 2 Tbsp. Water)





Brush both sides of paper.
Set aside to dry.

Cut and tear the paper
into sizes and shapes you like.





I also reinforce the paper punch on back
with another piece of paper.



This wreath was a coffee theme...
made from a burlap coffee bag







You can find out how to make
the burlap wreath here.

I continued the coffee theme
with a coffee filter flower dipped in the tea
and embellishing the tag with coffee beans.




Tea-Stain and Glitter...
Now that's Farmhouse Glam.








So glad you could visit,
Deb


Link Parties:

Wednesday:        Savvy Southern Style

Thursday:            Beyond the Picket Fence
                            Stone Gable
                            House of Hepworths
                            The 36th Avenue
                            A Delightsome Life
                            The Brambleberry Cottage
                            The Shabby Creek Cottage
                            Joyful Homemaking
                            Homa Style
                            Embracing Change

Friday:                  French Country Cottage
                             Common Ground
                             At the Picket Fence
                             Fridays Unfolded
                             One Artsy Mama
                             My Repurposed Life
                            The Shabby Nest

Saturday:             TaterTots & Jello
                             Cheerios & Lattes
                             Too Much Time on My Hands
                             Funky Junk Interiors
                             It's Overflowing

Sunday:                Design Dreams by Anne
        
Monday:               DIY Showoff
                             Boogie Board Cottage
                             I Should be Mopping the Floor
                             Between Naps on the Porch
                             Keeping it Simple

Tuesday:              Coastal Charm

18 comments:

Christie said...

I "THINK" even I can make these! I really like these tags - Jeanene F. always makes tags like this and I have always enjoyed getting them from her. Now, I can make my own. Thanks for (all) the great tutorials. HUGS... and stitches

Deb Hrabik said...

Hey, that's great Christie. These would be a sweet doo dad on your quilted gifts.
Have a wonderful day,
Deb

The Checkered Apple said...

These really look great Deb! I'm a gift tag fanatic(love making and buying them)and I will definitely have to make some of these for the holidays!

Unknown said...

Homa Style is having a Simple Holiday Gift Idea Link Party.
Your tags are great and would be perfect as a holiday gift wrapping. Please join the link party at Homa Style.
Here’s the link
http://homastyle.com/wp/2012/10/31/simple-holiday-gift-ideas/
Hope to see you there!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Love it--love how you tied a verse in with coffee--amen sister!

Life at Still Woods said...

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial. What a great idea! I can't wait to make a few of these. I found you on Time Travel Thursday and am glad I did. I am also your newest follower. Hope you get a chance to stop by Still Woods Farmhouse for a visit!

Laurie said...

I love the simple and natural look of your tea tags! It's been a long time since I've dyed anything with tea, but seeing your pics brings back a lot of fun memories when I dyed muslin with tea to make aged dolls. Thanks for the inspiration and fun idea!

Deb Hrabik said...

OH, I know..I used to make primitive dolls. Miss that! The tea gives such a warm worn look.
Thanks!
Deb

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

how cute are these!! Love making homemade tags!

Anonymous said...

Love these, and such an easy technique! Going on my to do list! Thanks

Stacey said...

Those are stinkin' cute! Love them!
Thanks for linking up this week -
hope to see you this week!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

These are really cute! You did a fab job!!

Kathy said...

Your tags are marvelous - love the tea stained patina and the coffee - give thanks theme! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Unknown said...

Thank you for joining Homa Style’s Simple Holiday Gift Idea Link Party. It’s hard to come up with new ideas for gifts and you helped with your awesome tags. Thanks! Mark you calendar for the No Red Holiday Decor Link Party on Nov. 28. Plus the 12 Days of Christmas link party December 1st ~ 12th. http://homastyle.com/

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

What cute tags, Deb! I can think of so many fun uses for them.

Thanks for sharing at Time Travel Thursday. I hope you'll join the fun each week. Be sure to stop in tonight to see yourself featured,

Blessinngs,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Terriea Kwong said...

So sweet handmade tags. A touch of thoughtfulness.

Coffee Service Portland said...

Very useful information, thanks for your generosity. More power to you!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this tags are so adorable! I am new to your blog and am so glad that I found it!!